Crippen Northland Superior continues to evolve by offering new and improved grain cleaning equipment for its global customer base. During the past few years, engineers at Crippen Manufacturing Company have been busy designing a new era of rotary screen machines offering great capacity, versatility and improved performance.
Working by means of rotary motion, the new NS Series rotary screen cleaners have the ability to remove both small and large foreign material from a vast variety of grains, oilseeds and pulse crops. The superior rotation speeds on the NS rotaries allow for a maximum presentation of screen surface to grain and, therefore, much higher capacities than possible from conventional screen separators. Depending on the model and application, capacities up to 12,000 bu/hr can be realized.
In nearly all cases, a rotary motion obtains the highest possible throughput of product per unit of screen area. As the particles travel down the sieve, the rotary motion allows for lateral, diagonal and longitudinal separation through varying screen openings and layers. With rotary action, the particles are exposed to a greater number of screen openings per pass, as compared with reciprocal motion.
Flow, Deck & Screen Combinations
There are two basic flow combinations for the new NS Series rotary screen cleaners: parallel flow for high-capacity applications, and counter flow for more precise separations where increased screen retention time is required. Out of these two basic flows are many variations of scalp/sift combinations that allow the NS Series of rotary screen cleaners the flexibility to meet all customer needs in capacity, reliability, economy and separation.
- Structural components made from heavy-gauge steel
- Stress relieved
- Orbiting screen action for superior screen capacity
- Parallel or counter-flow deck configurations
- Low-maintenance suspension rods and heavy duty universal joints
- Heavy-gauge internal spouting for enhanced wear resistance
- Positive securing of screen frame to shoe
- Uniframe screen construction to ensure correct dimension between ball & screen, allowing maximum cleaning action
- Inspection doors & sampling ports
- Additional rough scalping or fine scalping capabilities on one of the following:
- Standard rubble deck
- Extended rubble deck
- Double extended rubble deck
- 5° or 7° pitch shoes on selected models
- Open and closed circuit scalper aspirators
- Open and closed circuit aspirators